The Add to Cart button of WooCommerce button might stop working for the following reason-
- Theme or Plugin conflict
- Memory issues
- Wrong Cart or Checkout page link
How can a theme or plugin interfere with the add to cart button?
How to find out theme or plugin conflict?
- Disable all your plugins except WooCommerce and check if that solves the issue.
- If deactivating the plugins solves the issue, then it is happening because of plugin conflicts and you need to enable the plugins one by one to find the conflicting plugin.
- If that does not help, switch to a default theme.
- If switching the theme solves the issue, then something in the theme is conflicting.
- If you have bought the theme from ThemeForest or some other site, contact the theme vendor.
- If the theme is custom built then you have to check the browser console for error messages. If you do not see any error messages on the console, you can monitor the XHR requests while you click the add to cart button and monitor the request to the server.
I have deactivated all the plugins except WooCommerce and switched to a default theme. But it still does not help!
Then you need to check the memory limit from the WooCommerce → System Status. If it’s below 64MB then that could be an issue. You should always keep your memory limit 128MB for a WooCommerce powered store.
You can also check if there is any change on the cart and checkout pages on the settings or the pages have correct shortcodes.
Your PHP and MySQL version should be 5.6 or higher to use WooCommerce.
If any of the diagnostics and tips does not help, please feel free to comment below. I will get back to you as soon as possible 🙂